Monday, August 16, 2010

Yoga!

I was bumbling about online today when I got the best email ever! Sorry, I think I ruined the story already because I was supposed to tell you about the very ominous title of this particular recently-arrived electronic message first. It read:

CANCELLATION OF HES-128, FALL 2010

Terrifying. Foreboding. A big, scary, Your Schedule Has Been Screwed message from the registrar's office. My breath quickened. Adrenaline levels spiked. The muscles all over my body instantly tensed. "Courage," I told myself as my finger hovered just above the slick, finger-printy surface of the mail application on my iPod Touch. "You can handle this, Mary. The universe will not end in a flaming ball of zombie-infused raptor death. Yet. Everything will be okay." I read on:


The Registrar's Office has been notified by the Health & Exercise Science department that HES-128, Self Defense, is canceled for Fall Semester.


Bad, bad, bad. Shoot me in the foot. No, face. The face. Shoot me there and it can all be over. Nobody wants an open coffin, anyhow. I think I would actually prefer cremation. At least it would save my family some money when the school tells them all my tuition is non-refundable and that they will have to pay for 800 more years of my higher education because I still haven't earned my degree even though my tragic demise (at my own hand, though clearly still the fault of the school) will prevent me from attending class ever again. Why oh why did I ever think it would be a good idea to change my activity class registration from Weight Training to Self Defense? Because it sounded "cooler," perhaps? Well, jumping off a bridge sounds cooler than eating broccoli without plugging your nose or having your big toe ripped off like a loose baby tooth, but that doesn't mean it's actually the better option!

A new section of HES-123, Yoga, will be offered in it's place at the same time, 10:30am - 11:20pm, TR. If you are interested in this activity course, and haven't already taken it, please let me know by Friday, August 20th. This new Yoga class will be opened up to the rest of the students Friday evening.

Oh.

That's funny, because I was just trying to look up yoga poses last night and wondering how exactly it was that people did that. Cool! I get to take yoga! Wow. That's way better than Weight Training. Do you think I have to buy my own mat? Don't some people just use a towel for their yoga? I bet that's cheaper than a real yoga mat. I mean, I already have a towel, so actually it would be free. Will I have to wear funny yoga clothes, or is it safe to do yoga in sweatpants? Good thing I bought new gym shoes last month.

So anyway, I'm taking yoga now.  Aren't you just burning with jealousy?  I am.  Well, not really but you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment